Look like the master DJ you have seen on YouTube by learning how to create a fantastic special effects show that includes music, flashing lights, and other theatrical effects. In this camp, participants will learn how to program a Raspberry PI mini-computer to control a music source, LEDs and a series of relays that can be connected to flash pots, fog machines and laser diodes. Then, students will dive into simple electrical engineering activities that include soldering, wiring and the study of electrical circuits as they build the components of their theatrical equipment. Near the end of the week, budding DJs will show of their work by hosting short ‘Raves’ at Newton’s Attic for other campers. So, grab your favorite music play list and let’s put on an amazing show! Students keep everything they build in this camp so they can drive their neighbors crazy on Saturday nights.
- Boys & Girls • Grades 1-12 • Half- and Full-day camps • Weekly May 28th – August 16th
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday, but most are repeated multiple times throughout the summer.
- Drop-off and pickup between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Full-day camps: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm • Half-day mornings: 8:30 am –12:00 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:00 – 4:30 pm
- Half-day camps range in price from $195 to $325 per week and full day camps from $390 to $695 per week.
- Small class size and personalized instruction.
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th-5th. The prices have been adjusted for the shorter camp weeks.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.