In the spirit of Fig Newtons, Jr. Apprentices and Da Vinci Kids, Mini-Makers allows 1st-3rd grade children to use tools as they build a series of hands-on projects. Projects will be different from those previously done in the other 1st -3rd grade classes, and students will keep the projects they make.
* This class can be taken day by day on a prorated basis as long as we are not turning away a full-week student to acommodate your child. To register for a single day or anything less than a full week, please contact us by phone at 859-368-7334 or email at NewtonsAtticOffice@gmail.com. Projects for this class will be unique each day, but these projects are specific to this class and will be repeated in other sessions of this class by the same title.
$49.50/day – $225/week
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday. Please see below for dates offered.
- Flexible drop-off and pickup times (8:30 am –5:30 pm) at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day.
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Half-day mornings: 9:00 am –12:30 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:30–5:00 pm • Full-day camps: 9:00 am –5:00 pm
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th. The prices have been adjusted for the four-day camp week.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.
- Small class size and personalized instruction. Shop classes limited to 6 students per instructor. Most computer classes limited to 8 students per instructor.