Hand tools, saw dust, wood, metal and plastic are just some of the things kids will get their hands on and learn to use in this very creative camp. At the beginning of the week, students will be instructed on the safe and proper use of tools as well as how things are built. Then, participants will begin making projects ranging from wooden puzzles, games and toys, model rockets, and household items to other larger projects like collapsible castle forts and geodesic domes. When finished with one project, campers will move onto another. Students will be working with tools and will be closely supervised throughout the week. Small class size insures personalized instruction. There will also be other periodic activities such as recess and game time, snack time, quiet time and other fun science related activities to break up the day.
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday. Please see below for dates offered.
- Flexible drop-off and pickup times (8:30 am –5:30 pm) at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day.
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Half-day mornings: 9:00 am –12:30 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:30–5:00 pm • Full-day camps: 9:00 am –5:00 pm
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th. The prices have been adjusted for the four-day camp week.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.
- Small class size and personalized instruction. Shop classes limited to 6 students per instructor. Most computer classes limited to 8 students per instructor.