Little campers having big fun in the shop is what Fig Newtons is all about. This camp is designed to be a companion to DaVinci Kids offering youngsters different projects at a similar skill level. Fig Newtons also offers the opportunity to spend more time in the shop making hands on projects that teach about science and engineering. Egg drop vessels, stomp rockets, and mobiles are just a few examples of the types of projects kids will fabricate and take home with them. Youngsters, grab your aprons, dust off your safety glasses, roll up your sleeves and get ready to get your hands dirty in the shop at Newton’s Attic.
- Boys & Girls • Grades 1-12 • Half- and Full-day camps • Weekly May 28th – August 16th
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday, but most are repeated multiple times throughout the summer.
- Drop-off and pickup between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Full-day camps: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm • Half-day mornings: 8:30 am –12:00 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:00 – 4:30 pm
- Half-day camps range in price from $195 to $325 per week and full day camps from $390 to $695 per week.
- Small class size and personalized instruction.
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th-5th. The prices have been adjusted for the shorter camp weeks.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.