Dream, design, and build your invention using our 3D printing lab in this engineering design focused camp. Starting off we will explore the different types, capabilities and limitations of modern 3D printers by downloading, modifying and printing existing designs. You will then get an introduction to professional 3D design software where you can design items of your own to be printed throughout the week. During this process you will learn tips and tricks to make your design easier to produce using additive manufacturing (the technical term for 3D printing). Students who have suitable designs can print an item on our high-end full color 3D printer. *Note – 3D printers are not fast. The size of the objects we can print will be limited by the available time. Students who take this class will be granted access to the 3D printers when they are not being used for other programs at a very reasonable materials cost.
- Boys & Girls • Grades 1-12 • Half- and Full-day camps • Weekly May 28th – August 16th
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday, but most are repeated multiple times throughout the summer.
- Drop-off and pickup between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Full-day camps: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm • Half-day mornings: 8:30 am –12:00 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:00 – 4:30 pm
- Half-day camps range in price from $195 to $325 per week and full day camps from $390 to $695 per week.
- Small class size and personalized instruction.
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th-5th. The prices have been adjusted for the shorter camp weeks.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.