Virtual Reality is a rapidly expanding field of study for many computer specialists, from game developers to medical researchers. Learn to create and explore a full size reactive model of your project, an invaluable talent for many engineers.
Students who sign up for this class can expect to learn how to setup and operate the HTC Vive, a room-scale virtual reality tool. Students will also learn how to use industry standard modeling and CAD suites to create 3D models and environments. Students will then get the opportunity to load their personal 3D model into their virtual environment and manipulate it as they see fit. So, strap on your headset, gear up your imagination and get ready for a real excursion into virtual reality.
$49.50/day – $235/week
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday. Please see below for dates offered.
- Flexible drop-off and pickup times (8:30 am –5:30 pm) at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day.
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Half-day mornings: 9:00 am –12:30 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:30–5:00 pm • Full-day camps: 9:00 am –5:00 pm
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th. The prices have been adjusted for the four-day camp week.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.
- Small class size and personalized instruction. Shop classes limited to 6 students per instructor. Most computer classes limited to 8 students per instructor.