Be the envy of the block this 4th of July and show up Dad this year with the best fireworks show ever! In this camp, young pyromaniacs will learn how to take commercially available (and legal) fireworks and arrange them into a spectacular display of lights, action and sound. Campers will use tools in the shop to create and test fireworks equipment, design associated items and techniques used in pyrotechnic shows, and actually construct simple and safe (and again, legal) fireworks. Instructors will discuss the basic chemistry associated with pyrotechnics and even touch on the psychology that helps to create memorable fireworks displays. At the end of the week, each student will design and present a fireworks show to all the campers at Newton’s Attic. So be prepared to be dazzled in this exciting and colorful excursion into the world of fireworks. Mom’s, don’t worry, proper safety techniques and practices will be taught and strongly emphasized throughout the camp.
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday. Please see below for dates offered.
- Flexible drop-off and pickup times (8:30 am –5:30 pm) at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day.
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Half-day mornings: 9:00 am –12:30 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:30–5:00 pm • Full-day camps: 9:00 am –5:00 pm
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th. The prices have been adjusted for the four-day camp week.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.
- Small class size and personalized instruction. Shop classes limited to 6 students per instructor. Most computer classes limited to 8 students per instructor.