Glowing water, blue and red flames, and mountains of oozing foam are everyday occurrences in Camp Chemistry at Newton’s Attic. This camp will expose students to the fun and sometimes bizarre world of chemistry, chemical reactions and exciting things that can be made with the right mixture of knowledge, chemicals and materials. In addition to playing with (safe) chemicals, students will work in the shop to fabricate various items, such as test tube holders and similar gadgets that will aid in their exploration of the world of chemistry. Students in the 10 to 15 year old class will delve deeper into fascinating reactions, learn about the periodic table, chemical equations and the mysteries of molecules. So, let’s all put on our safety glasses, lab aprons and rubber gloves and see what strange potions we can concoct.
- All camps are only one-week long, Monday-Friday. Please see below for dates offered.
- Flexible drop-off and pickup times (8:30 am –5:30 pm) at no extra charge; earlier and later times by request for $5 per half hour per child per day.
- Most camps are half-day, but two half-day camps are often combined for a full-day camp. Lunchtime supervision provided; bring your own lunch.
- Half-day mornings: 9:00 am –12:30 pm • Half-day afternoons: 1:30–5:00 pm • Full-day camps: 9:00 am –5:00 pm
- If you find a class full, please register on the wait-list so that we can contact if you if space becomes available. We do our best to accommodate wait-listed students, who will be given priority if we are able to add another section of the class. We will then be in touch to confirm our ability to register your child.
- If any class has not met the minimum of three students required for the class to run by one week prior to the start date, we may cancel the class to free up the instructor and class space for other classes which may have waiting lists. Should this need to happen, we will inform affected families immediately.
- Use the grade your child will be entering next fall to determine age appropriate camps.
- There are no classes on Memorial Day or July 4th. The prices have been adjusted for the four-day camp week.
- Newton’s Attic supplies the computers for all computer based classes.
- Small class size and personalized instruction. Shop classes limited to 6 students per instructor. Most computer classes limited to 8 students per instructor.